31 Jul tpm once again achieves international quality standard for information, advice and guidance
We are delighted to announce that following a recent independent assessment, tpm has been re-accredited with the Matrix Standard for another three years. This international quality standard mark ensures that we deliver excellence in the field of Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG), providing impartial advice and guidance to our learners and meeting their career and learning goals.
A Glowing Report
As part of the accreditation process, the assessor produced a report highlighting the successes of the IAG provision at tpm. The report describes the journey tpm trainees and apprentices experience and the support and high-quality IAG they receive at every step of this journey.
At initial contact, tpm provides IAG around the various course requirements, arrangements for endpoint assessments, possible career and progression routes. This IAG continues throughout the learners’ time at tpm. Explaining how tpm effectively do this, the report states;
“Once the programmes are underway, effective IAG supports learners to maintain their focus by identifying any additional support required for emerging needs and helping people to remain fully engaged with their programme, as well as progressing with their personal development, in line with their plans.”
Additionally, the report recognises that tpm ensures all learners understand their options once their course finishes. This helps them develop their chosen career pathway.
Furthermore, the report highlights the high number of learners who complete their courses, calling the percentages ‘impressive’. This is due to the ongoing support tpm gives learners throughout their courses. tpm staff consistently help learners overcome their barriers to learning.
Areas of Strength
The report continued to highlight the following as particular areas of strength:
- As part of the onboarding process, learners complete a self-assessment, which allows them to set their personal objectives. This helps learners to understand their own personal growth.
- Staff were able to provide a range of examples of how they had been able to contribute ideas and suggestions to influence the development of IAG services.
- tpm demonstrates effective relationships with external specialists, for example, the Dyslexia Foundation and mental health specialists. Therefore, every learner can access specialist support in a highly effective manner
- tpm continually invests in and develops its facilities and resources. For example, the Making a Splash resilience model and the CRM ‘Smart Assessor’
- IAG given is impartial and meets the needs of learners.
A Fantastic Achievement
Roger Chapman, Head of the Matrix Service for The Growth Company, also praised tpm’s achievements:
“This is a fantastic achievement for tpm, and I would like to congratulate the team on their success. We believe that at the heart of high-quality advice and support services are strong leadership, excellent service and a focus on continuous improvement, all underpinned by effective use of the resources available. The matrix Standard is designed to benchmark organisations against best practice in these areas. With their accreditation success, tpm is working to provide the best possible support to their clients.”
Commenting on the award, tpm MD Brian Quinn, said:
“I’m delighted and very proud that tpm has achieved Matrix re-accreditation. I am inspired on a daily basis by the dedication and commitment staff at tpm have for supporting the career development of our learners. It’s very rewarding and reassuring to have their efforts recognised again by the achievement of such a respected standard.”
For more information about the matrix Standard please visit www.matrixStandard.com.