Employer Digital Apprenticeship Service Accounts
Have you set up your digital account yet?
Since August 1st 2020 it is a requirement that employers register for an apprenticeship service account (digital account). Employers need to have an apprenticeship service account (digital account) in order to:
- Appoint their chosen or preferred training provider/s
- Reserve apprenticeship funding
- Claim apprenticeship incentive payments
- Find and save apprenticeship standards
- Recruit apprentices
- Add and manage apprentices
Where you have an established relationship with a provider (like tpm), you can allocate us to your apprenticeship service account using our UK Provider Reference Number – UKPRN: 10007013.
Here you can choose to delegate TWO tasks to tpm as your provider:
Task 1: Add your apprentices to your account
Task 2: Request the funding reservation (which you subsequently approve)
PLEASE NOTE: tpm cannot claim your incentives on your behalf, or access your account. That would be a breach of privacy laws.
N.B. In order to ensure that future funding is available for the apprentices you need, tpm are encouraging you to do this now, even if you are not thinking of recruiting at this time. This way when you do decide to recruit your account is established and we can respond rapidly to your needs.
What do you need to set up your apprenticeship service account?
To set up an account you will need:
- an email address you have access to
- the Government Gateway login for your organisation (or you can use the accounts office reference number and employer PAYE scheme reference number if your annual pay bill is less than £3 million)
- authority to add PAYE schemes to the account
- authority to accept the employer agreement on behalf of your organisation
You will be asked to:
- create an account
- add a PAYE scheme on behalf of your organisation
- accept the employer agreement with the ESFA