16 Jun Applications for increased incentive payment for hiring apprentices now open
Employers who have hired apprentices since 1 April 2021 can now apply for the apprenticeship incentive payment for each apprentice, regardless of age.
Employers with apprentices with an employment start date of between 1 April 2021 and 30 September 2021 and who also have a practical period (training) start date between 1 April 2021 and 30 November 2021 may be eligible for an incentive payment. Don’t miss out!
- Employers will receive £3,000 for new apprentices of any age
- Employers must apply for these apprentices by the end of 30 November 2021
- Employers can visit the Government’s guidance page for more details or contact the team at tpm with any questions
How to apply
Reminder: steps to take before applying for payment
- You must have registered an account on the apprenticeship service
- If you do not pay the apprenticeship levy, you need to have reserved funds in your organisation’s apprenticeship service account
- You need to have recruited an apprentice and added them to your apprenticeship service account
- Your apprentice needs to have agreed on a start date for apprenticeship training with their training provider
- You need to have accepted the latest version of the ESFA employer agreement
If you require support with any of these steps, there are a series of how-to videos. You can also contact a member of the tpm team or check the advice on apprenticeships.gov.uk or visit the Government’s help portal.