Employers: How to claim your incentive for Traineeships
On the 27th January 2021, the Government released details of how employers can claim their £1000 incentive payment for each traineeship. Employers will be required to make the claim themselves via an online portal.
Please note the following:
- The £1,000 can be claimed for work placements that were started and completed as part of a Traineeship between 1 September 2020 to 31 July 2022
- Up to 10 claims can be made per employer
- Employers will need the unique learner number (ULN) of all trainees for which they are claiming an employer incentive payment.
Due to budget requirements, all incentive payments and claims must be claimed and processed in each academic year. Any employer who hosts a placement between 1 September 2020 and 31 July 2021 will be expected to make a claim before the ILR data close in October 2021.
- tpm will provide you with unique learner numbers of all your eligible trainees. If you do not already have this necessary information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before proceeding with your claim.
- Complete the Government’s online form to submit your claim