tpm is recruiting for an early years (childcare) apprentice at Rompers on Allerton Drive, L18.
Skills for an early years apprenticeship
Are you patient, caring and good with children? Then this apprenticeship is a great opportunity to enter the workplace and build your qualities into a promising childcare career. The early years practitioner apprenticeship standard includes professional training so you finish the programme with a level 2 qualification in childcare. Most tpm apprentices continue at their nursery after they complete their apprenticeship.
- Welcoming children and parents, dealing with enquiries
- Assisting the qualified staff carry out daily duties in the nursery
- Making refreshments and food; feeding the children
- Keeping the nursery clean, tidy and safe for staff and children
- Assisting the nursery leads by preparing observations
- Safeguarding and protecting children; risk assessing
- Creating and implementing play activities including outdoor play for children
- Craft and learning activities
- Changing babies’ nappies and cleaning
- General day-to-day care of young children
Qualifications you’ll get on the early years practitioner apprenticeship
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner
- Functional Skills in Maths and English if you don’t already have GCSEs or equivalent in these subjects.
Your working week on an early years apprenticeship
You’ll work 4 and a half days a week in the nursery. The other half day you’ll be at the tpm training centre. Here, you’ll develop the technical and professional skills you need to achieve you qualification. You will also do Maths and English unless you’ve achieved GCSE grades A-C/9 to 4.
Personal qualities needed for an early years apprenticeship
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn and develop your skills
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- Confident with good communication and people skills
- Good personal hygiene
- Excellent personal presentation
Progression after an early years apprenticeship
After you have finished your early years practitioner apprenticeship, you can progress onto an early years educator apprenticeship (level 3). This will give you level 3 Diploma in the Early Years Workforce (EYE) and the Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (RQF). As your childcare/early years career develops you can progress onto an apprenticeship in Team Leading.
36.5 hrs p/w: Monday – Friday, rotating shifts (8am to 4pm; 9am to 5pm; 10am to 6pm)
Tracy on 0151 709 6000 or complete our enquiry form